Friday, November 11, 2011

AGREE TO DISAGREE: BENGALS

Again, my fearless responses to the statements posed on the Steelers' web site program "Agree to Disagree."


I BLAME THE DEFENSE FOR THE SECOND LOSS TO BALTIMORE: Offensive failures in the red zone were the difference maker and have been a problem all year despite winning six games. 


I THINK LESS OF THE STEELERS' SB CHANCES AFTER THE GAME WITH BALTIMORE: When one considers the team had to win eight consecutive games in the 2005 season just to make the playoffs and eventually win the SB I think they CAN still get to the SB but it's going to be much more difficult. Plus, this is not the same team in some respects. In particular they don't have a guy named Jerome Bettiss.




EFFORTS SUCH AS LAST SUNDAY'S WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH THE REST OF THE WAY: With respect to the  result, I would say no, and that's all that counts. To quote Mike Tomlin, "They don't give you anything for style points in this league."




I'M BUYING THE BENGALS: At the beginning of the season I counted the two games against the Bengal's as wins; something I do almost every year. Unfortunately, the Bengals took Andy Dalton in the draft (whom I thought should have been a first round choice) and now they have an offense. They're offensive play this season with Dalton reminds me of the Steelers in Roethlisberger's rookie season (remember, 15-1), and they're playing a bit of defense as well. Answer, "Yes, I buy the Bengals." Now the Steelers need them to beat the Ravens twice.




- PREDICTION -
STEELERS 27 BENGALS 20

"You know what they call almost winning... losing." -- Mike Prisuta



No comments: