Thursday, April 5, 2012

SORRY I'M LATE ON THE FLYER THING


Looks like most of the good shit is gone since the Pens-Flyers game on Sunday. But just a few notes: 



1. There's been a lot of loose talk about the Pens' putting their fourth line out after Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby IN THE BACK, no less, at the end of the Flyers win Sunday. I stated when Crosby came back the first time if there was any one team that was going to go after him it would be the Fucking Philly Flyers. Was I right? Damn straight. Talk about PUNKS, the Flyers are the team that are almost ALWAYS the instigators in any type of hockey mayhem. Then THEY complain because the Pens put out their fourth line in the closing minutes. Well tit-for-tat and Daniel Brierre gets his clocked cleaned CLEANLY by Joe Vitale. 



Aww, are they gonna cry now? The Flyers should feel lucky that Schenn left the Consol alive! One more thing like that against Crosby and all hell is gonna break loose, I don't care if it's on Saturday at Consol or in the playoffs if the two team meet. Further, what the hell was Brierre doing out there anyway in that situation?


2. The good news, the possibility may present itself in that final game that the Penguins could knock the Flyers into 6th place and play the Devils instead. I'd rather not play against Brodeur but I really don't want to play a series against the Philly Fucks. You may win but who knows how many people you're gonna lose because the officials will have no mercy, especially in Philadelphia. 


3. Mike Milbury: This guy has had a hard-on for the Penguins ever since Ulf Samuelssen took Cam (K)Neely out in Game 3 of the 1991 Conference Finals. He has never had any respect for players other than his own. 
I hate the pukey shit and everything that comes out of his pie hole. After the Flyer game he comes out, on Flyers' radio, calling Sydney Crosby a "punk” and Dan Bylsma "tasteless:"

"So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked [in the back], big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into these scrums. I'm going to stay away from that stuff.' He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby." 




How compassionate is that in our supposed concussion-conscious world, and from a guy who once went up into the stands and beat a guy with his own shoe. And really Mike, how much punk does that then relate to in, say, one Bobby Clarke? Regardless, PRINCIPALLY Crosby wasn't in a scrum. He appeared to almost everyone except Milbury, to be skating back to his bench. 





We all know that modern NHL goonism was invented by the Flyers of the 70s and carries on to today with them. Why the league doesn't come down on them I'll never know. In fact, they seem to promote it BECAUSE they don't do anything about it. A question: How did the Penguins go from apparent media golden boys two weeks ago to the second coming of Himmler just because of one incident with the goonish Flyers for crying out loud. 

Then Milbury comes out with probably the lamest apology ever, not even mentioning the names of the two individuals he slandered (Crosby and Bylsma):


"I reached out to (Pittsburgh president) David Morehouse and the Penguins about the comments I made yesterday on Philadelphia radio," Milbury said. "In hindsight, I realize what I said was inappropriate and wrong, and I want to apologize to the Penguins organization and their fans."



Granato v. La-LA Man: Almost as much fun as Brian Trottier against Jim "Go-Have-Another-Donught-You-Fat-Pig" Schoenfeld in the 1996 playoffs. [Can someone tell me from whence that reference comes?]





Actually, I WANT the Pens to play the Flyers. But if they do, I want to see how many of their guys we can take out, win or lose. I wouldn't care.


No comments: