Monday, April 2, 2012

THINGS ARE GETTING SERIOUS


Let's hope they at least won the fight. No, I did not watch it. Getting the updates from ESPN on my iPhone was bad enough. Summary:

1. Fleury stunk, AGAIN.
2. Defense stunk, AGAIN.
3. Getting outscored 6-2 after taking a two goal lead REALLY sucks.
4. Having to read Flyers bullshit on the Penguins' web site = fuck off.

Fleury was so bad there wasn't even a photo of him in the Penguins game gallery. His save percentage over the past five games is about .820 and he's given up 16 goals in his last three starts. Not gonna blame ALL of that on the defense.

The Pens have had two games in the last four where they had 47 and 54 shots and scored only 7 goals total. 

The Pens had 44 wins with 11 games remaining after losing to Philadelphia in OT, SEVEN at home. After 8 of those games they sit with 48 wins and have only outscored the opposition 36-35.

The bad news:

1. 5-4-1 in last ten games after a 10-game win streak.
2. Lost to Flyers twice in that period.
3. Goaltending has gone south. Good thing Johnson is back.
4. Talbot scored a goal and he ain't goin' away for the playoffs. In fact, I almost vomited when I heard he had signed with the Flyers. I didn't think he was that spiteful.
5. Staggering into the playoffs: Terrible.

That's about all I can muster. No more photos as I don't feel like even taking the time.


No comments: