Sunday, March 18, 2012

OH, THOSE GUYS


I haven't been following this much lately. Did Manning sign with anyone yet? Reason being I care less and less about guys who make over $10 Million a year in professional sports (except golf because they do it on their own). Actually I could have stated that to about $5 Million, but isn't that the AVERAGE in baseball now? Anyway, about Manning. I liked the guy but always thought he was overpaid because all he did was throw for a lot of yards in winning mostly regular season games.For that matter I guess the same could be said for Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, Dan Fouts  and especially Kerry Collins (in the top 10 all-time). I guess I just hope he doesn't catch on with and AFC team, especially Tennessee.


Now about this guy. I can't say I feel sorry for him about his "plight" with the Saints. He's averaged just under 4800 yards passing per season with them. But, if they don't respect him I'm sure someone else will. I just hope he stays in the NFC.



I really like RGIII and wish I had a cool moniker like that. He's intelligent, poised, fast, has a strong arm, etc. However, he's going to have to convert to more of a pocket passer if he's going to be an elite QB in the NFl. Yes, and Cam Newton will, too. That's what this league is made for, pocket passers. Just look at the guys who lead the league every year. Sure some of them run but only when they have to. They are first of all committed pocket passers. I wish him luck.


Luck? What a segue. Now HE'S a pocket passer and should be the number one choice for that reason. PLUS he's intelligent, poised, athletic, etc. In fact, didn't he out long-jump RGIII at the combine and almost match him in the vertical? He's slower but so is Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, et al. I think he's a "can't miss" QB for the pros. Unfortunately it looks like he's going to the Colts. And if RGIII goes to an AFC team that means the Steelers will have to play against Dalton, Luck and RGIII for the next 15 years. "Yukkapatewey," as the Chippewa say!


No comments: